Though we should be giving all year long, the holidays seem to be the time of the year for supporting worthy causes. What better way to support a worthy cause then stuff someone’s stocking with it?
Wear Your Music is line of super cool bracelets made using guitar strings. Wear Your Music actually has two lines of bracelets, the Artist line and the Fashion line. The Artist line features bracelets that are “handcrafted from recycled fine silver and guitar strings” actually used by well-known artists such as Avril Lavigne, Joan Jett and Tim McGraw. These bracelets sell for $100 and up (you can get Robert Trujillo’s from Metallica for $250 or John Mayer’s for $200) and proceeds go towards a charity of the artist’s choosing. The Fashion line is made using guitar strings in a variety of colors. These unisex bracelets are simple yet pretty dang hip and are perfect for music lovers of all ages. A percentage of the profits from the sale of these bracelets are donated to charities that support music.
Wear Your Music sent us a collection from their Fashion line and once they arrived I had to immediately divvy them up so the girls could wear them. I of course claimed my fave colors (black and red) and let the girls decide on the rest. They looked great doubled and tripled up and I found I loved wearing my black one mixed in with some of my favorite silver bracelets. The fit is universal so no worries about wrist size and they are extremely well made so they can hold up to whatever your music lover throws at them. And at about $9 a piece they make a wonderful stocking stuffer or gift for the holidays. I love finding unique gifts and a guitar-string bracelet from Wear Your Music is definitely one of them.
If you have a real guitar lover in the family you might want to consider a bracelet from Wear Your Music’s Artist line. Not only will you be giving a one-of-a-kind gift perfect for your musician but you’ll also be supporting a worthy cause. Now THAT rocks!—Emily
*** Giveaway! Wear Your Music is giving away an 8-piece collection (an $80 value) from their Fashion line to one lucky Daily Dish reader! Here’s how to enter. You can do as many of these as you’d like. Each one is worth one entry into our giveaway. Please leave a separate comment for each one you do:
• Visit WearYourMusic.org and leave a comment telling us which artist’s bracelet you would absolutely LOVE to purchase (if money were no object!).
• Become a fan of the Wear Your Music charity project on Facebook and leave a comment telling us you joined.
• Follow Wear Your Music on Twitter and leave a comment telling is you’re their newest follower.
• Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment with the URL of your tweet.
• Blog about this giveaway and leave a comment with the URL to your blog post.
Include a valid email address for our drawing. We’ll draw the winner from the comments and contact her via email. Deadline: December 1, 2009 (midnight). The winner will have 24 hours to claim her prize or a new winner will be chosen.
- Congratulations to Lisa, the winner of the Wear Your Music giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to read the review and add a comment. Keep reading the Daily Dish for your chance to participate in more giveaways!