I’ve never really done the infant carrier thing other than a few outings using the ol’ “carry the infant car seat in the crook of your arm” thing or Lascal’s M1 carrier. I’m more familiar with diaper bags than I am with slings or backpack carriers but they still intrigue me, especially because they’re so dang popular.
BabyHawk sent me one of their Mei Tai infant carriers to review on the Daily Dish, but they sent me the infant size rather than the toddler so I wasn’t able to give it a thorough test run. But I still find it an intriguing carrier, especially since they offer you the option of creating a custom carrier that reflects your personality. BabyHawk lets you choose from over 300 fabrics and 15 strap colors for a truly unique combination. Do the “other” carrier companies offer that much customization? You can also choose from a wide selection of in-stock carriers if you’re design challenged like I am.
BabyHawk’s design is just as fantastic as their fabric selection. I may not be too familiar with this style of carrier but it seems BabyHawk has the Mei Tai style down pat:
The equation? Simple. One child, plus two arms, plus one million things to do, equals me needing a baby carrier that not only matched my style but is functional and comfortable as well. A mother’s time is perhaps more valuable than anyone else’s and at BabyHawk our goal is to make your parenting experience easier.
Our Mei Tai’s (Asian Baby Carriers) are adopted from a Chinese-inspired idea that makes holding your little one on your front, back or hip as safe, as it is comfortable. The weight distribution of our MT’s makes wearing you baby more cozy and delightful than you can imagine for longer than you can imagine! Our design is simple to let you strap on or take off your custom Mei Tai quick and easy. BabyHawk Mei Tai’s are comfortable, sure, but they are above all safe and reliable.
If it makes wearing your baby more “delightful than you can imagine” I’d say buy two! The BabyHawk infant carrier has received some rave reviews (you can read them here); I only wish I could add my two cents. I will say it looks super stylish and functional, and I like the carrier enough to suggest you check them out if you’re in the market for a Mei-Tai-style carrier. You can’t go wrong, especially if you want to go custom!
AND if you order on Thursday or Friday THIS WEEK (January 21st and 22nd), 50% of sales will be donated to Partners in Health—Haiti. I can think of no better excuse to buy a super cool infant carrier. Do it. Now.—Emily
*** Giveaway Because I didn’t get to test the carrier BabyHawk sent me, I’m more than happy to give it away to one lucky Daily Dish reader! To enter, do as many of these as you’d like. Each one is worth one entry into our giveaway; please leave a separate comment for each item you do:
• Visit BabyHawk.com and leave a comment telling us your favorite fabric/style.
• Become a fan of BabyHawk on Facebook and leave a comment telling us you joined.
• Follow BabyHawk on Twitter and leave a comment telling is you’re their newest follower.
• Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment with the URL of your tweet.
• Blog about this giveaway and leave a comment with the URL to your blog post.
Include a valid email address for our drawing. We’ll draw the winner from the comments and contact her via email. Deadline: January 28, 2009 (midnight). The winner will have 24 hours to claim her prize or a new winner will be chosen.
* Promotion! BabyHawk is offering Daily Dish readers 10% off their order! Simply use code DAILYDISH when checking out. Offer expires February 4, 2010.
- Congratulations to Barbara T., the winner of the BabyHawk giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to read the review and add a comment. Keep reading the Daily Dish for your chance to participate in more giveaways!