Many of you are already familiar with Robeez, and a while back we introduced you to Starchild shoes from the UK. I’ve now got to tell you about my new favorite shoes for little feet, See Kai Run.
Cause Haun, owner and co-founder of See Kai Run, was on the lookout for the “perfect first shoe” for her son, Kai. Living in the Pacific Northwest, she needed shoes that would survive the soggy weather yet were soft and flexible enough for developing feet. Of course, style is just about as important as function, and Haun’s come up with the perfect combination in her to-die-for collection of shoes. Designed by this mother of two, who was “inspired by today’s parents’ desire for style and originality, as well as comfort and protection for their little one’s feet,” these shoes are absolutely perfect for new walkers.
I, or rather, George, was able to try out the Ellis, a black ankle boot with the most adorable faux snap closer on the side and stylish top stitching. (I’m really glad these are weather resistant, as I couldn’t stop drooling over them once I opened the box!) I was impressed with the padded collar around the top and how easy the shoes were to get on and off (another major selling point). I’m already planning the purchase of another pair. Hey, girls aren’t the only ones who need shoes for every outfit!
Let me give you the basics as to why See Kai Run shoes are perfect for little feet:
- Luxurious, butter soft leather, with pigskin leather lining and padded collars
- The most flexible of soles, made of thermo-plastic rubber (TPR), which is suitable for “inside dancing and outside puddle jumping”
- Generous width (necessary for my little one’s chubby feet) and a wide toe box for plenty of wiggle room (sure wish my 3” heels could say the same)
- Velcro closures for a perfect fit
- Giveaway See Kai Run is giving away one pair of shoes, winner’s choice! We’ll draw the winner from the comments on this review. The winner will be contacted via email and have 24 hours to claim her prize or a new winner will be chosen.